Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Is it a boy or girl?

Everyone was excited to find out what our new baby would be. No one was more excited than Mom. Eli and Joe really wanted a brother to even out the numbers. Mom didn't really care, but she thought a sister would be nice for Angelina to play with.
Kimball and I went to the Ultrasound by ourselves this time. Mostly because we didn't want any distractions while they checked to make sure everything was Ok with the baby. We told the kids that we would bring home a present that was either for a boy or a girl. When they opened it, they would know if they were getting a brother or a sister. We let Eli open the present to find out.Mom didn't mean to trick anyone, but she wrapped the outfit in blue tissue paper to prolong the surprise. However, as soon as everyone saw the blue tissue paper, they thought it was a boy.
Surprise! It is a girl! The boys are smiling now, but a few minutes after the news sunk in, Eli broke into terrible tears. Thankfully, the tears didn't last too long.

4 comments:

Caroline Merrill said...

Exciting!! I'm so happy for you. You're such a great mom!

Kimberly said...

Congratulations!! I almost thought you were going to say one of each.:) It will be fabulous for Angelina to have a sister to play with. I am so happy for you guys!!

{amy} said...

Oh how great! You are a lukcy woman! I've been wondering how you are, glad you are blogging again!

Jodi said...

Congrats on another baby girl!