When Angelina was born I had a month worth of dinners in my freezer thanks to Saving Dinner. It worked out great. Since our family follows a diet that helps Joe with his Tourette Syndrome, it is hard to accept meals from others because the list of restrictions is lengthy. I wanted to do the same for the arrival of this baby. I found the best way for me to accomplish this goal is by using their Five For the Freezer system. Some people prefer to assemble a months worth of food in one day, but I find it is easier for me to do 5 meals at a time. The last few paychecks I have been tyring to work in the purchase of the extra meals. One week I froze 5 pork meals, another week I assembled 5 meals using ground beef, another week I did five meals with fish, and because chicken was such a great price, I was able to get 10 chicken dinners frozen. On the Saving dinner website, you can purchase the recipes for a minimal price. They come with the shopping list, assembly instructions, and recipes. The night before, you put the meal in the fridge and it is ready to be cooked by dinner the next day. So easy.Monday, October 5, 2009
Baby Step #3
When Angelina was born I had a month worth of dinners in my freezer thanks to Saving Dinner. It worked out great. Since our family follows a diet that helps Joe with his Tourette Syndrome, it is hard to accept meals from others because the list of restrictions is lengthy. I wanted to do the same for the arrival of this baby. I found the best way for me to accomplish this goal is by using their Five For the Freezer system. Some people prefer to assemble a months worth of food in one day, but I find it is easier for me to do 5 meals at a time. The last few paychecks I have been tyring to work in the purchase of the extra meals. One week I froze 5 pork meals, another week I assembled 5 meals using ground beef, another week I did five meals with fish, and because chicken was such a great price, I was able to get 10 chicken dinners frozen. On the Saving dinner website, you can purchase the recipes for a minimal price. They come with the shopping list, assembly instructions, and recipes. The night before, you put the meal in the fridge and it is ready to be cooked by dinner the next day. So easy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a great idea!! I need to go look at that website - that would sure help to simplify dinner time!
Hey your baby thing says you have 2 days to go!! How are you??!
Post a Comment