Monday, February 16, 2009

Snowflakes

(Photo courtesy of SnowCrystals.com)
I cherish the moments that I have driving my children in the car to & from school. We always have the radio off and we can just talk & I know they are listening. This past year I haven't wanted to carpool with anyone because I value that time with my children. After taking Heather to school. I drive over to Joe's school. We spend about 15 minutes sitting in the car while I read to him. We just finished reading, "What to do when you Grumble too much." It was a good book about dealing with negative thoughts & trying to be positive. There were some wonderful exercises you could do to help your brain think positive thoughts.
As we were sitting there reading, snowflakes were falling. Joe noticed they were landing on our car just outside the window on a piece of black moulding. It was the perfect place to view snowflakes up close before they melted. He commented about how he had always wanted to see a snowflake up close because no two are suppose to be alike. As I took the time to look at the snowflakes, I realized how truly beautiful & unique they really are. Each one a piece of art. Instead of looking at the snow and wishing for a warm, sunny day, I found myself truly appreciating the snow for all its beauty. I think that book was already helping us to think more positively. Such a simple moment in time, but a memory that will last forever.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I will need to find that book - sounds like a good one!
I agree with you about spending that time with your kids. I walk my kids to and from school when the weather is nice and its so great to just talk about their day and enjoy the fresh air. I will TRY to enjoy the snow and find the beauty, but I am really ready for it to disappear! :)