When I was a little girl, my Dad came home one night with some Hallmark ornaments. He told us that our family was starting a new tradition & that every year, the day after Christmas, we would each pick out an ornament at the after Christmas sale. Each year when the excitement of Christmas was over, we looked forward to picking out our new ornament that reflected something that we liked or that we had experienced during the year. This was my ornament that my Dad gave to me in 1977 from Hallmark that started the whole tradition. When I got married & left home, my collection came with me so that I already had special decorations for my tree. Now that I have a family of my own, we have continued this tradition. The only thing that has changed is that we buy our ornaments before Christmas because each of our children have ornaments that are part of a collection. I love this tradition because each Christmas my children love to decorate the tree and reminisce about their special memories. Leave a comment & share one of your family traditions.
2 comments:
I remember you getting ornaments when we were young. That's a good tradition. Last year I got a fake tree for the family room just for all the kids' ornaments! Now the living room tree just has mine.
Rochelle - you do such a great job with your blog! I just wanted to let you know I enjoy coming and reading what's going on.
Post a Comment