I have always loved using the Neiman Marcus cookie recipe because of the finely ground oatmeal and the chocolate chips. However, I love peanut butter and I wanted a cookie that was similar but that contained peanut butter. I found this one on the internet and now it is our new favorite. One day I was out of flour and I had already started making the cookies, so I used Bob's Red Mill 100% Whole Wheat Pastry flour instead and no one noticed a difference in taste. Pastry Flour is a really fine ground whole wheat flour. I actually double this recipe and freeze them in several gallon size ziploc bags and we take them out and put them in school lunches and they last for several weeks. Since we follow the feingold program I have to use chocolate chips with pure vanilla, no artificial vanillin because my son has reactions to foods that contain any chemicals. The chemicals in the food causes his Tourette tics to be worse and they also send him into what I call, "little rages". My favorite chocolate chips are pictured above.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie1 1/2 cups oatmeal
2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (or combination white &/0r Wheat)
1 tsp. Baking Powder (I use Rumford aluminum free)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt (I use redmond sea salt)
1 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp Vanilla (seems like alot)
3/4 C Peanut Butter
2 large eggs
6 oz Semi-sweet Chocolate chips
6 0z milk chocolate chips
8 oz grated chocolate (I omit this extra time-consuming step usually)
Pulse 1 cup of the oatmeal in a blender until fine. Stir remaining dry ingredients together. Beat the butter and the sugars until fluffy. Add the vanilla and the peanut butter and mix. Then add the eggs one at a time. Gradually add the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips. You can chill if you want to , but I don't want to wait. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes depending on the size and desired crispness of your cookie.
EnJoy!
2 comments:
I love these cookies. They are the best! Rochelle has been great to make a big batch every week.
I need to make some chocolate chip cookies. So I will try them!
Post a Comment