Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins & Blessings

I came across this recipe while Kimball was serving in Afghanistan for a year. It instantly became a favorite for my kids. I can't tell you how many times I made this little treat while Kimball was away. I still make them when I have bananas that are going bad and it brings back memories. It reminds me of all of the blessings & love that my family received while Kimball was gone. Many good people stepped up and took care of our family. I know my Savior was near and kept our family safe & healthy. Just like the poem about the footprints in the sand, I felt him carrying me often. Every Monday the Young Women of our ward came over to watch my children for 2 hours so that I could have a break. I shared this recipe with many of them because it became one of their favorites too.

Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
1 1/2 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (2 to 3)
1 egg
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 c sour cream or vanilla/plain yogurt
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat mini muffin pans with cooking spray. In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients. Stir together. In a mixing bowl combine the mashed bananas, egg, melted butter, sour cream/yogurt, vanilla, and milk. Mix together until well blended. Add the dry ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips. Fill each muffin cup with a tablespoon of batter. Bake the muffins for about 20 minutes or until the tops are slightly golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool and repeat with the remaining batter. Makes 36 mini muffins.

1 comment:

April Kennedy said...

I would love to make these...but my problem is I can't keep chocolate chips in my house for baking. They get eaten before I get a chance to use them! A handful here, a handful there...before you know it, I'm emptying the last of the contents of the bag into my hand and I think "well there goes chocolate chip cookies"!

Those look yummy though. I think I will make them for my family and for the nursery. I'll have to ask hubby to hide the chocolate chips though!